Backlog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Unplugged Wednesday - Lost

Hello and Welcome.

I recently started watching the show LOST.  I have heard for years that is was a great show but never watched it because, lets be honest,  how good could a dramatic version of a reality TV show (Survivor) really be?

So, I added it to my netflix queue and it sat at the bottom for months.  Finally, after hearing the now defunct GFW Radio talk about the latest episode week after week, my wife and I decided to watch it.

So far I have watched almost through the end of season 2 (this in only a few weeks)  and I am already hooked.  The show thrives on coincidences and surprises.  The web that connects people just by the end of season 2 is pretty ridiculous.

Mysteries like the "Others"  and the Black Smoke beast keep you guessing as to what will happen next.   Plus they have a Hobbit.


Charlie Pace and Merry Brandybuck

So far my favorite character is John Locke.   Aside from being slightly obsessed with the island, Locke is an intelligent, multi-faceted character who more often than not has a great grip on what is going on in any situation.

If you aren't convinced enough to take a spot in your Netflix Queue or on your DVD shelf, you can watch the first 4 Seasons on ABC's website.  Just make sure you catch up before Season 5 starts in February!

~K

2 comments:

Nate said...

I've been watching since day one, and even with the bogginess of Season 2, the show stands out as one of the all-time best.

Jonathan said...

Agreed, it's an awesome show, glad you've finally started watching it. Just wait until you watch it a second time through; there are so many additional connections that are impossible to catch the first time you watch it....

Contests